The Washington Monument


A good reminder for everyone

The World War II Memorial



The Atlantic Side

The Pacific Side

In honor of Grandpa Alan

The Korean War Memorial



Can you see Evan taking the picture?
We notice all things to do with Australia (Australia is first in the list of allies)

Look close - these are paratroopers - again, in honor of Grandpa Alan

The Vietnam War Memorial


The Lincoln Memorial - Evan referred to it as Abe's House

The National Mall from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial



After our visit to the memorials, we headed back to our hotel to eat dinner - raviolis and some other "things". We changed back to our Sunday clothes to make our way to the Washington DC Temple to attend a fireside at the visitor's center given by temple president Elder Tingey and his wife - the theme "Why I Believe." It was a missionary fireside. The visitor center has a large amphitheater. It was filled with missionaries, new members and various others (like ourselves). I think they have this type of fireside often. A brand new member offered the prayer. Two new members bore their testimonies, and then the other new members were invited to introduce themselves from their seats saying when they were baptized and what ward they attended. There were many. And then Elder and Sister Tingey spoke. It was a great! fireside. I'm so glad we learned about it - in the Capitol Hill Ward Bulletin.
4 comments:
WOW what a great trip! I want to take the family and go now.
I want to go tooo!!!! I went to the D.C. Temple to do baptisms with my ward while I was in NY. I loved that trip. I can't wait to see more of your trip.
I loved when I got to go to DC. I especially loved seeing the war memorials, especially the Korean War Memorial. Definitely think it is my favorite!
AHHHH! I want to go! What great pictures! I'm glad you are telling us what you are eating...I think that the food of a trip is a very important part of the adventure! I can't wait to see and read more!
Post a Comment