Friday, April 24, 2009

Ryan's Geranium

Ryan is home - YAY! And he's been a help to me today - turning soil and making a mulch run to OSH. He returned with the 10 bags of mulch and placed them out where I directed. Thank you Ry.

Before he unloaded the mulch, he revealed that he bought himself a plant. He said he told the nursery person, "I want something that will grow obnoxiously huge."
This is what they came up with - a geranium! Well, really it is a pelargonium but whatever...I call them geraniums.




Ryan hopes it takes over the yard while he's on his mission.


On another gardening note - just in case you were wondering what's been going on with the potting bench - this is what it is being used for right now - sprouting seeds

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

How fun! Nathan is so so so so jealous. He wishes we had a yard to work on. He has three tomoto plants he has started from seed and he keeps a light shinning on them 16 hours a day. They look great...but, I'm wondering...where is he going to plant them?

I love your yard...it is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is SO Ryan!

Sandy said...

Isn't it wonderful how they are when they have been away from home, so helpful, so around, and then it wears off.
JPeter moved in and immediately told me he wasn't moving the lawn until June. So I told him to get out the mower and fill all the juices and I would mow the lawn. Feeling a little guilty I think he started the mower and it spewed white smoke from the side. Now he has to take it in and get if fixed and that will take until June. Until then the grass is now higher than the dog and he won't go out there.