We had dinner by candle light. The gas stove made it easy to make dinner, I just had to light it by hand. It's really not so dark yet but whatever...
Greg left for meetings right after dinner. Kids did homework. Claire was listening to her IPod music with the IHome. Evan was very bothered that she'd use all those batteries to do that. He talked her into using her headphones instead. It was so dark in her room, I kept suggesting we go to Jensen's but she was game to stick it out in the dark - Evan too. It was an adventure for them.

Evan played with gadgets - my goodness - all of the fancy flashlights we have and the solar/wind up radio that I love to use so much when I'm gardening but haven't been able to find for a couple months - all showed up in his room. It was like magic but a little frustrating as well. I said, "Evan, you have got to clean your room. You have all this stuff..." and he said "I know where it all is. I have a special drawer for special things." UGH! This light - it's on his forehead.
Same light - just with its "red" light on.
More homework but better lighting in the kitchen than in Claire's room. I quizzed her on Spanish.
Evan did Math.
Claire danced while being quizzed.
I was totally amazed at this fabulous radio. It is excellent as a solar radio but it really works as a "wind up" as well. It would go for an hour before we had to wind it again. I'm not exaggerating. I bet it went longer than an hour before we had to wind it again. I tried to get a picture of the name so you could see what it is but I don't think you can read it all that well. It says "freeplay Driven" on the handle. I highly recommend it. 
Homework done - time to play. Egyptian War anyone?
How about a little PSP.
The master making hot chocolate for all of us.
Yum
And some shadow puppets! Evan has so many talents!
2 comments:
I found the radio online. I'm goi'n to get me one of those.
Looks like a fun night. I think we gt a radio from Grandma just like the one you explained. We need to pull it out and practice in case we have a lights out!
Post a Comment