Claire finally had her first drive with the behind the wheel instructor. That was on Monday. For several days before she had been freaking out at random times saying "I have to drive in so and so many days!" On Sunday, on the way home from church she was in freak out mode and I told her we could call the teacher and tell him she's not ready. Claire didn't like that idea. She kept the appointment. The instructor picks the kids up from their various schools (usually three students each time) and off they go for three hours. Evan and I waited in the parking lot of the school just to make sure she made it off OK. I invited Evan to come and sit since he'd be able to say if she was waiting in the right place or not. He was a little peeved saying "You didn't have Ryan do this for me when I drove!" As it turned out there were some friends waiting it out with Claire. I assumed they were going to drive too but nope - as soon as the instructor showed up we could hear them wish her luck then left. It was nearly a half hour after school! Back at home - we waited the 3 hours for her to come home. I expected stories and laughing and maybe some tears. She got home - no tears but lots of excitement and laughing - "I drove on the road! I drove on the road!" over and over "It was so scary!" But she quickly asked if she could drive to one of the girl's homes we carpool with for dance. So - good sign. No driving on Tuesday, it was too wet (nice out for me). And yesterday she wanted to drive so we just went round and round the block practicing right hand turns. I wonder what she'll want to do today?
The next bit of news -
Evan is going to BYU Idaho! How cool is that? Checkout this video on besmart.com Click on BYU I then "video" and then "I came to BYU Idaho". besmart.com
Evan will probably study a lotta this or that.
How beautiful is this?
Is this place still there? Maybe Joslyn has helped maintain it.
Are they still the Vikings? How perfect is that? Time to bring out the Viking in everyone!
And how wonderful is this?
He's so relieved to have been accepted and is hoping for a Fall Winter track so he can get in as much school as he can before he leaves on HIS mission (Oh my goodness, my little boys....) in June of 2011. Yeah Julie, I can totally understand a cartoon bringing a person to tears!
Go Vikings! Go Evan!!!!
I think I'm going to start calling him Thor.
3 comments:
Go Claire and Evan! Go Vikings!
Your babies are growing up too fast! Stop growing Evan and Claire! And Sam!
Yeahhhh! We're so excited to have another familiar face to see around here. Steve will be here then and we'll have to par-tay.
Post a Comment