Sunday, April 25, 2010

SURPRISE!

Eric is staying for Spring and Summer terms at BYU. No plans to come home. We just saw him a couple weekends ago, he came home for a wedding, and Greg and Evan saw him a week ago. He is in the process of moving from one place to another but move out and move in dates do not line up. There are a few days where he has no place to call home in Provo. Remembering this, that he might have no place to sleep besides his car, I called him on Wednesday afternoon to find out what his plans are. I had to leave a message. He called me back. I wondered what he was doing. He said he was with a friend of ours from San Jose, Camille - who is also staying for Spring semester. Not to intrude on their fun I quickly said "Hello Camille" she said "Hello Kathy" and I asked about what his living arrangements would be for the few days in between moves. He told me he'd be staying with his cousin Blair. All sounded good. I said "Love you, good bye..." and that was that.

Around 6 pm, about 3 hours later, Eric came walking into our family room. Camille was with him. SURPRISE!

They'd been on the road when we talked. Camille and two of her roommates and another young man from San Jose were on their way to San Jose - in Camille's car. And, when Eric gets back on Monday, he will stay with his cousin Blair and the two of them will move into the new place on Tuesday.
I tell ya - surprises do not get better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for you!! I loved to surprise my parents when I could. Good times.

Nathan said...

SO FUN!!! What a brilliant surprise!