Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pillow Case

For their activity last week, the YW in our ward made pillow cases for shut-ins in our ward. This week Claire's Mia Maid class made pillow cases for themselves.

Fabric is so incredibly cute and fun these days! Oh yeah, and she was going to use her "head scarf" in the former pictures for this pillow project - all those fabrics coordinate! But she changed her mind and put ribbon on for trim instead of making an extra trim with the "scarf" fabric.

3 comments:

TMB said...

Cutest pillow case I have seen! Love it, I need to get the pattern. :)

Claire, I LOVE the Dress! It is adorable. What a great idea for personal progress. I would love to make matching...again, need the pattern.

Kathy said...

So the one I made was the "contrasting trim pillowcase." you will need 7/8 yd (NOT directional) or 1 1/4 yd (directional), plus 3/8 yd (for either type of fabric) for the trim and 1/8 yd for the faux piping. (my faux piping was the ribbon but you can use fabric, too!) Your welcome!
-claire

Becky said...

I love that way claire chose to display her beautiful pillow case. Hilarious...only problem, I can't see her beautiful face. Still...cute case and funny girl.