I too have a Kitchen Aid mixer - I love it (though I didn't know I would) and my children love it. We use it all the time.
A month or so ago, Evan and I went to Sur La Table to buy a replacement CO2 cartridge for his and Claire's soda maker. I don't know if you all know this by now but Evan is a gadget guy. And come to find out it isn't just building/electronic/knives and such type gadgets it is ANY kind of gadget. Thus Sur La Table was another gadget paradise for Evan. He came across a hand operated beater. "OH, I've always wanted to use one of these...Can we get it? It would be good for emergencies..." Now, I know you're thinking that if the electricity is out thus forcing us to use a hand beater we wouldn't be able to bake anything. But since my children are generally more interested in batter and dough anyway, we really don't need to bake anything. So - I bought the beater.
And it has been used.
Today was the first time it was used for beating batter.
Look at that determination!

Who needs electricity when Evan is around?!

The spoils.

Ah another use for the Kitchen Aid mixing bowl - a giant mug.
2 comments:
Ha! It's amazing how many of these things that we sell at Williams-Sonoma! And the funny thing is that we always sell them to younger MALES. Perfect, huh? Evan totally fits into our non-electric beater demographic! I love it!
Awesome!
Post a Comment