For several months I've been reading a blog called "The Meanest Mom" I saw it as a favorite blog on my nieces' blogs. Anyway, the other day "The Meanest Mom" posted about allowing one of her 6 year old boys to be a baby - because he'd been complaining about the baby not having to do the things he has to do or getting to do things he doesn't get to do. Anyway, appears it worked to make her point "you're not a baby that's why..." type of things when she made the 6 year old take a nap. OK - so then I read the comments. Some are always as funny as the post. This one woman wrote how when her brothers were little her mother drove up and down the neighborhood looking for a new mom for one of the brothers because he was always saying he wished he had a different mom.
So - all of that was background so I can tell you this story.
When Claire was about 4 or 5 she was often saying I was a mean mom etc. One of my friends had told me that when her young son would say that she would suggest they find a new mom for him and he would always take it back. I decided to try it on Claire. So, next time she said "You're mean!" I countered with "Well, maybe we should find you a new mom?" and Claire excitedly responded "Can I have Hailey's mom?" Hailey being one of her friends who I guess (I know actually) had/has a very fun, very loving to all children type mom.
Needless to say, I never made the suggestion again.
2 comments:
I love the meanest mom blog! She is so funny. And it seems like she doesn't hold back anything...her life seems so comical that way.
I am behind on reading "my blogs" so I haven't read her post yet. But, it does seem like offering your child the option for a new mom could back fire 99% of the time.
Claire! so smart.
Ha! I think Sam would be all over that too.
Post a Comment