Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Sisters Update

The beans are still taking over, even though I let the corn get a good head start. It makes me wonder if the Indians really did this. Or there's a trick to it that I don't know the secret. Granted only one of the corn stalks is being pulled over, but I think the same will happen as soon as the other beans get up and leaf out as much as on this particular stalk. What do you think everyone? Is this Three Sisters thing a "real" thing? How do you get the corn to stay up with out propping it.

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

I recently read the Indian in the Cupboard and the Three Sisters Garden is mentioned in the book, so I think this must be a reliable source and that the Three Sisters is REAL. Even though it's fiction, and written by a british lady and come on, a plastic indian coming to life because of a cupboard and a magic key... ok, maybe not.
Or maybe the natives planted more than one row of corn to support the beans? I don't know but I thinks it's a cool idea and it makes sense to me.
Last year, my beans took to whole back yard over and we didn't get a single blossom or bean.