Becky and Julie are right - it is about costumes for Fiddler on the Roof and it does involve a banshie - a jewish banshie if there is such a thing.
I was measuring out cheesecloth - 42 pieces at 6 foot lengths. All of the cast will drape the cheesecloth over themselves to appear ghost like. The scene is Tevye's Dream: It has already been arranged that his oldest daughter will marry the rich butcher but she is really in love with the poor tailor. She tells her father Tevye her true feelings. Tevye is sympathetic to her and has to figure away to convince his wife that the arranged marriage must not happen and that their daughter must marry the tailor. Tevye pretends to have a dream...
The opening night at Leigh High School is tonight. Claire is so tired from rehearsals I'm not sure she has the energy to be excited. But I bet 5 seconds to curtain call she'll have all the energy and excitement rushing through her she can bear. We are excited to see the play!
3 comments:
bOOYEAH! I forgot about this, but I think I saw Fiddler on the Roof at the playmill as a child. When I saw your picture of the cloth, I immediately thought of a tall banshee in a graveyard. But I was thinking it could have also been from the play Brigadoon, which was also done at the Playmill during my childhood. I guess this scene stuck with me because it's kinda scary. I watched your clip and it's just like I remember. I even remember that song, though I never would have on my own.
I really wish I could come see Claire in the play tonight. I hope you all have a great time! I'll have to settle for renting it, if I can talk Matt into it.
How did it go? Fiddler is one of our family's favorite musicals!
I did NOT remember the banshee dream. So cool though! I guess I should watch it again.
Post a Comment