Friday, September 21, 2012
Endeavor to see Endeavour
The space shuttle Endeavour flew over the Bay Area today on top of a jumbo jet.
A little jet lagged, I was in bed late this morning (kind of mourning not being in Hawaii). Watching news, I heard about the shuttle fly over. I wanted to see it. Too late to make it to any of the land mark fly overs, it came to me that if I moved fast enough I might be able to see it from a high spot on the Quicksilver trail.
I booked it up the trail, heart beating out of my chest, breathing so heavy I think the few other people there heard that before they heard footsteps. About 15 minutes later, and even though it didn't fly where we were hoping it would fly, we did see it.
Can you?
See the hat? There is a long branch hanging down above the hat. To the left of the long branch there is a twiggy branch, follow the twiggy branch down and below it you will see a white spot. That's it!
I know, it's my cell phone. But we could really see it, honest! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Looks like a beautiful day, no matter what. I could not see it.
Sandy - can you click on the picture to make it bigger? Otherwise, you're right - no way to see it. But if you can click on it and see a bigger picture I bet you can see it you just don't know you are seeing it. :-) You do have to look further down, just a bit, beyond the tip of the twig branch and the white spot is oval shaped.
mom, put your glasses on...
Post a Comment