Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Walk through a Garden

A friend and I went to the Gamble Garden in Palo Alto last week.  It is an old home preserved for the public to use and walk through (not really very museum like but still interesting - it is a lovely home the bottom floor open to just take a look around).  The home is on a very large corner lot that has lovely cutting gardens, botanical type plantings and a formal yard.  I'd never heard of this place.  I was thrilled to be invited to go.  It was a perfect day for a walk through a garden.

 My friend Lisa.
Several raised beds for annuals and perennials.

The darker flower is called Chocolate Cosmos - it has a faint smell of chocolate. :-)
The vine covering the gazebo is called Porcelain Berry Vine.
 


I'm sure I'll be back to this garden one day.

No comments: