We had youth swim party Wednesday night. Seeing as it was Evan's birthday I asked the youth leaders if it would be OK if I supplied a birthday cake for Evan and they agreed it was a great idea. Come cake time Evan really didn't want anything to do with it but I pulled two friends aside and Greg and Claire and then tried to light candles outside - then just the few of us would sing hoping no one else would notice. But I couldn't get the candles lit in the wind so we moved inside saying Evan's wish had already come true. But once inside and the candles lit one friend started singing at the top of his lungs and the rest of the group outside caught on and started singing as well. Evan turned red - blew out the candles as fast as he could and that was that.



No one tell Cakewrecks about this cake. I know the "Happy Birthday" part looks like singing and the "Evan" part looks like someone burped. I'm no decorator.
I only set out a few pieces of cake to get everyone started. I think it is so funny how at the end of the night all that was left were these balloons.
Evan's camera. It is so cool! 
Happy Birthday Evan. We love you!
2 comments:
I never made the connection that Evan was born on my anniversary. Bruce and I have been married for 37 years now.
18!!!! Dang!
Post a Comment