Thursday, June 17, 2010

Movin' Out

Evan starts summer term at BYU in 4 days. Thus, he must have his room cleaned up. It's been quite an archeological dig for him. He's been showing great discipline. Lots of things are going to DI, many things have ended up in the garbage and of course we wouldn't make him throw/give everything away so he has a couple of boxes for the things he'd really like to hold onto. Two things made me laugh.

This hat - he got in Hawaii many years ago when we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu. He made the dangling fish that hangs from the hat. This he wanted to keep but I convinced him it would be fine if he gave it away - I suggested he keep the fish since he made it but he felt the hat and fish needed to stay together - so we took this picture for posterity.

And this darling keepsake was made for him by one of my dear friends in the Cherry Glen Ward when he was born. He is not giving it away of course. On turning it over and examining the back Evan discovered the origin of written languages.
Doesn't it look like some eastern language?

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is an awesome hat. Someone else is going to love that! And I agree the hat the fish should stay together.

The back of the cross stitch is funky lookin'!

Becky said...

Oh, one more thing. Is your post title a song? Billy Joel!?! I love that song. Even if you didn't mean it, it made me smile. I love Billy.

Julie J. said...

Do you think that if someone cross stiched a little blessing for my kid(s) they'd turn out as awesome and Evan? I'd like to think so... Any volunteers? It's not too late for Sam is it?