Monday, October 17, 2011

A Walk in Quicksilver Park

Several times a week, if the path isn't muddy, I walk this beautiful trail.

Entrance to this part of the trail is located at the end of McAbee - down the street from Castillero Middle School.

As a kid, groups of neighborhood friends would walk these paths - just us kids alone. We called them The Nature Trails, and we either entered off Leyland Park Drive, behind the country club golf course, or we'd walk down McAbee to its end, then on through Pierce Ranch. I think it was a dairy.




One of my walking buddies - Wrendy [shy of the camera] and wonder dog Mac (he is a very good boy).
That's Mt Hamilton in the distance.

What a beautiful way to start any day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Beautiful. I wish I could be one of your walking buddies!