Thursday, December 15, 2011

So Tall

Actually, kind of too tall. I walked into the kitchen Tuesday morning to find that the Amaryllis had fallen over - and I was not the first person into the kitchen - I was the third. But no one noticed. Oh well. It needs to be supported - can you see the banana rotting post being used to give some sort of brace? I need to do something more stable, and more aesthetically pleasing. It wasn't that the pot wasn't "heavy" enough, (though it probably isn't), the stem actually bent :-( And, maybe we'll need to make a hole in the ceiling to give it room to fully grow. ;-)

I have to admit, I don't think I have raised it properly. I should have read "How to Keep Amaryllis Stalks Short" instead of "How to grow an Amaryllis". But I didn't realize I was at risk of growing a bean stock of an Amaryllis. Anyway, it appears the kitchen is too dark and too warm.

Hey - maybe if it grows taller we can use it as our Christmas tree!

1 comment:

Becky said...

that is SO tall! Nathan says turn it into a bonsai amaryllis...prune it and dung it..in other words. I'm not sure it will live through that...but might be better than cutting a hole in your ceiling/roof. Love it!