but here are great Maggie lines from 1st season - :-)
Also - so funny to have just watched the comedy video with the Ladies Grantham out having tea and making "Carter" go all the way back for more. And then to watch in this "real" one and there they are like a mile away from the house, taking tea. Poor footmen and such, having to haul furniture and food around so Lords and Ladies can dine where ever they want.
What is the period piece where it shows everyone on a picnic and the servants hauling all this furniture up a hill, following the "party" around. Is that in Emma? I know they have their picnic where Emma behaves so badly "Badly done Emma. Badly done indeed" But I feel like there is another one...
This isn't what I was wondering about - it's another something I found on Maggie Smith - this is my last one, I promise - maybe...
Watch Downton Abbey: The Best Maggie Moments on PBS. See more from Masterpiece.
2 comments:
Oh I loved those Maggie moments, thanks for posting them. I was thinking the same thing, Maggie had great/hilarious lines in the finale. I had forgotten all those along the way though.
So happy with the way the season ended. If Mary was going to end up in New York, I did not see how Downton would be the same with no Sybil AND no Mary. Just Edith... it would never work. (though I do like Edith).
I still DO NOT like Thomas. I used to not like O'Brien but she has been saying funny things to Thomas like "I rarely think I'm selfless, except when I talk with you." Something like that...so funny. She has shown more compassion and true regret and less bitterness. I have yet to see any redeeming qualities in Thomas...no likey.
Becky - I agree!
I started to worry they were trying to get us to feel sympathy for Thomas this last season, it bugged me because he is such a pest! I really didn't want to feel sorry for him. His last stunt however totally "redeems" his character as the total nuisance he is. Obviously so desperate though. See - there it is that sympathy creeping in. UGH
And, I'm so glad you made the comment about O'Brien's comment to Thomas about selflessness. I didn't get it. And I played it back a few times trying to hear better. But having read it - I totally get it now!
OK - Julie mentioned episode 2 of the spoof - I added it to yesterday's post. if you haven't seen it - you must!!!
Post a Comment