Thursday, June 28, 2012
Newport Reunion Time
It is Hardester Reunion time so we are in Newport Beach at the Marriott timeshare. It is lovely as usual.
Greg, Claire and I arrived down here on Sat. the 23.
We couldn't check into our room until 4ish and we arrived down here around 1ish so we had some time to kill. So, we ate. We ate at the Pita Jungle and it was delicious! We recommend it.
After we ate, we headed to the Marriott and on the way came to a familiar intersection that we pass by all the time on our visits down here. On one corner there is a lovely gazebo surrounded by beautiful flowers. There is also a large sign for "Roger's Gardens". Every time we've passed, I have wanted to go see what is there. It takes up such a large space, this gazebo and sign, I just knew it had to be a special nursery. We decided to go check it out and we were not disappointed!
First off - there was this super fun ice cream cookie truck in the parking lot. We had to give that a try.
Claire had a cookie with ice cream: chocolate brownie with german chocolate ice cream inside. I had a chocolate chip cookie. Was delicious. And this truck, being mobile, moves around! I asked if they were always there and I was informed that they never know where they'll be from day to day and that we should look on their website to find out where they'll be next. www.chunknchip.com. They go all over so they haven't been all that close to us since. :-(
Onto the fabulous nursery.
It was great - lots and lots of plants beautifully displayed but it also has a large selection of patio furniture, and a large gift shop and a silk flower and indoor plant section as well.
It was lots of fun and I'm so glad we stopped to take a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
What did you buy: anything for your back yard?
We didn't buy anything - asked for pricing on a lounge though not the one Claire is in. But it really was such a nice place.
We did end up buying cut sunflowers from the grocery store and set them in a glass where they sit on a table outside our room. ;-)
Post a Comment