Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 6: Wed 7/16 Beach anyone? How about golf?

The adults started their day with breakfast at Ruby's in Laguna Beach. http://www.rubys.com/ Very tasty.
Back at the Villas, Judy rounded up some of us to go to a driving range. Evan, Claire, Kristin, Elly, Greg and I went along. Judy gave some basic instruction then everyone was a pro (I went along just to watch for the most part but Evan let me hit a few golf balls). Luckily, I had camera in hand. After golf we hunted down a milk shake spot - the GPS led us to Fatburger. Were very good milkshakes, onion rings...burgers etc. What a snack! And fun, the place had a free jukebox (CD player - what do you call them these days?) Once back to home base some of us went on to the beach for more water fun. Stacey and Grant made our dinner for us - taco salad - soooo good - with home made guacamole - very, very good - recipes at the end of this post. And for dessert - cupcakes from Sprinkles! So delicious. But I over did on two huge plates of taco salad I really could not eat a cup cake - but I did get a taste of Claire's red velvet and a bite of pumpkin. Very, very yummy. Now Pictures!
At the Range

1st - find a club


2nd - Get golf balls


The bucket brigade


3rd - A quick lesson from Grandma


4th - Swing away



Sending 'em to the moon!




Sore tired hands

FatBurger
Something easier on the fingers
Beach Boys was Grandma's favorite


Claire's pick

Something to soothe sore hands

Back to Corona Del Mar
Grant sending off Evan, Emily and Kristin

Here comes a wave

They all caught it

Riding it all the way in

Some landlubbers
(but not really, I think these kids would live in the water if they could)
Grant's Guacamole
To taste as we have never measured
Smashed avocados (4)
lemon juice (few tablespoons)
crushed garlic (few tablespoons)
Sour cream or mayo (1/2 cupish)
salt and pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo (1/2 cupish) (can buy in the store)
Or the pico de gallo: (found online)
Ingredients1 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and diced ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 tablespoon seeded, minced fresh jalapeno
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leafs
salt and fresh ground pepper
Directions: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments: