Once settled in Greg said "Sometimes these places leave things under your pillow." and he checked under his and found nothing. He told me to check under mine. So I did. And sure enough - there was something under my pillow! I pulled it out. This is what I found.

Here's the rest of the story.
Some years ago, when Claire was 3 or 4, Greg took the kids off to the store. It was probably October (my birthday month), or May. They were gone for a little while. On their return, an unhappy Claire came to my room. She was very distraught. "What's the matter Claire?" I asked in my most concerned mother voice (I'd learned by then not to laugh when my kids were upset - usually). Through her tears she asked if she could see my watch. Totally bewildered I told her she could and I showed her my watch. She said "Not that one. Your Winnie the Pooh watch." Even more bewildered I said "I don't have a Winnie the Pooh watch." Claire said, "Yes you do. Daddy just got you one..." In the mean time Greg realized what she was doing and came hurrying into the room, but too late... I think we figured she was so upset because when first asked to pick something out she thought she was picking something out for herself.
So - I received a darling Winnie the Pooh Watch from my kids. I loved it. And I wore it until I don't know...it's a mystery. I don't remember what happened. It must have stopped working. I don't have it anymore which is stranger because I have a collection (not really a collection...) of watches that don't work anymore. I keep them because of who gave them to me. Maybe Winnie got lost? And no, I don't believe Claire has it stashed somewhere.
Fast forward to our Disney trip. We went into a lot of the shops. The story of the watch came up. And by the end of our visit, a new watch had been purchased. I believe Evan is the one who picked it out - he did ask me some questions about watches...
I love my new Winnie the Pooh Watch. The little bees on the face of the watch? they fly around Pooh Bear. It makes me smile.
3 comments:
Posh hotel! Awesome! Complementary DOUBLE Awesome!
What a cute story about Claire and her sadness when the watch wasn't for her. And what awesome kids you have to get you an old memory and make it a new one!
Fun!
I love it! That is the cutest story. Connections...I hope you are planning on posting pictures of this BH hotel. Sound very fun to live the lifestyle of the rich and the famous.
Glad you thought our Saturday night was funny, wish you would have been there to share the fun!
Post a Comment