Monday, January 25, 2010

The Answers to Saturday's Questions

OK - OK - I can tell you're all stumped... ;-)

Who - It's Greg
What - talking on his cell phone
When - Friday afternoon while Claire, Evan and I were on Star Tours
Where - at Disneyland
Why is he in the corner? because he needed a "quiet" place to talk business

So yeah - we went to Disneyland on Friday.

We flew out from San Jose on Thursday evening. We were supposed to fly out to Orange County at 3:45 but ended up flying to Burbank at 7:30ish (Orange County airport had been closed because of bad weather). We didn't know we needed a flight change until we were standing in the check luggage line. But it all worked out with very little fuss. And I must say I was impressed with the other travelers. We all just waited our turns. Granted most people probably didn't know about the flight cancellations - we found out from a gal standing in line with us but we really couldn't do anything until we got to the counter. We did try to change our own tickets over the phone while standing in line (we were in line for a very long time) but ended up after Greg was put on hold the guy he'd talked to only booked 3 of us instead of 4 and I would have ended up standby - to fly to LAX. But ended up we didn't need to worry. The counter gal offered us Burbank which would be flying out nearly 2 hours before the LAX flight. We were perfectly happy with that. But due to delays we didn't fly out as soon as we thought we would but we were still an hour a head of that LAX flight. Anyway, it was fine and we had dinner in the airport and Greg got to do a lot of work he was still needing to do - and he booked a rental car for Burbank. It really was all good.

The stormy weather was a bit of a concern though. What kind of a day would we have in the park Friday? Obviously, we weren't too worried about it. We went anyway. I bought us rain ponchos from a CVS in San Jose. We brought umbrellas for each of us. We were set and anticipated no lines in the park. And that's pretty much what we got. It was GREAT!

Off to a good start weather wise - we could see some stars when we arrived in Anaheim Thursday evening.


Friday morning - Starting our day off right with a fabulous breakfast. (Was so funny, as we were leaving McCafe - I really think it is called that - I overheard this girl talking very seriously to her boyfriend/husband, holding his hand across the table, saying "I just wish you would take me someplace where the food is going to be good for me...")


Isn't this everyone's first picture in the park?


Singing in the rain...


Spent a little time with Pooh Bear.


It rained off and on most of the day - and only one time did we have a hard down pour like this (was hailing) - it lasted about 3 minutes. Was exciting.


Rain or shine - people are still interested in touching this water spun orb.


This is the Buzz Lightyear Ride. You can tell by the scores that Greg wasn't all that into it. In fact, what he's doing is putting his cell phone back in his pocket. If he'd gotten his picture taken a few seconds earlier it would have caught him texting while he was on the ride. But hey - Evan did great - made up for the both of them.


Proof that I was there - and I should mention that we did have ponchos for Claire and Evan but they refused and Claire even requested right off the bat that no one wear them. Sorry daughter.


A special sight for those who brave the rain while at Disneyland.


That rainbow pretty much signified the end of our rain.

We may need to rethink Claire getting her driver's license.


I think all of the funny toon houses in Toon Town have silly pianos in them.


Because of the bad weather, the park people had already decided earlier that the park would close early - 8 instead of 11. That was *a little* disappointing since for one, we'd paid for a full day... but also because the weather really was driest come after sunset. But it was also OK because we'd been on all the rides and visited as many stores as we had wanted to and of course the lines for the rides appeared now that the rain was gone. Amazing!

Toon Town was one of our last stops - it was nearly deserted - it was very close to 8. But Lucky us - Mickey was still in his house when we went through. I had no idea he'd be there. The rest of the family had noticed signs saying he's still there. But I was oblivious. We thought we were headed out of the house but came upon room after room (I guess there is often a line to visit Mickey) Then an usher popped his head out asking how many in our party. It was totally confusing because we were *the* only people in there. But he called us in, told us to have our cameras ready... and voila - there was Mickey standing there. I don't know why but this totally embarrassed us! And for some reason, made us feel sorry for Mickey. We are weird, I know.


Closing at 8 doesn't really mean they close at 8. I don't know the process but like I said, we visited Mickey at 8. On our way to the front gate we saw a line at Autopia so decided to give that a go and we got on! And then strolling down Main Street - no one told us "time to go folks..."

This picture was probably snapped around 9. It was the last thing we did.


It was a great day - it really was. When you're Disney deprived, I guess any day will do but for it being as wet as it was - we fared just fine.

5 comments:

Julie J. said...

I love disney land and Matt and I have some plans to make blankets for the Linus Project to get our free day in the park. I hope it works out for us to get there. I'm glad you had fun, rain and all.

The Wells said...

I am soo jealous. Our family loves Disneyland. My kids have been asking when we will go again. Our answer is when Kelsey is 8. That is four more years. I am not sure if I can hold out that long.

Even with the rain, it looks like you had a great time. I hope you stopped by the Jungle Cruise. We have a friend , Skipper Larry, who had been there for a long time.

Jason said...

How fun! I love the comment the girlfriend said to her boyfriend in the McDonalds! That is so funny! Glad you guys had a great time - i mean, no lines? Who could ask for anything more??

Lilianne said...

That was me, not Jason!

TMB said...

Ok, I love that McD's comment, I am going to use it on Taylor Friday night when he wants to celebrate Valentines Day at Little Ceasars! Make a girl feel appreciated right?

Claire is so funny, I laughed and laughed at the rain ponchos. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in the rain.