Thursday, June 10, 2010

He's a High School Graduate!

I can't seem to remember that the students always walk across the stage from south to north - but our kids always end up sitting on the south side of the field. Trying to be close to them that's where we end up sitting - on the side where we see their backs as they walk across the stage to get their diplomas. Oh well. Had we been sitting on the north side of the field we would have missed all of Evan's "mugging." Click to make the picture bigger, you'll see him looking at us.


"YEAH! We're Graduates!!" (just FYI, Evan did not throw his cap, you can see him looking up with a grin though.)

Since we didn't get a shot of Evan getting his diploma (and we won't buy one) and they don't really get handed their diplomas anyway until after the ceremony, Greg suggested we get this shot - Evan getting his *real* diploma.
The proud family.


We are so proud of Evan. He had the best academic year of his life this year. He's going to do great in college! "Woo Hoo!" but "sniff, sniff" He starts at BYU Provo as a visiting student on June 21st. Too soon. But really just right. He's going to live with Eric and cousin Blair. It is going to be a great experience with lots of fun.

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

I still have dreams that I'm not going to graduate from High school. 14 years later... I got problems.

AndreaB said...

Congrats Evan! I can't believe you graduated!!! And you're comin' out to BYU-P for summer?? Fun stuff! You'll love it! Provo is great in the summer!

And when did Claire grow up?! Seriously. People need to stop growing up.

AndreaB said...

(and by "I can't believe you graduated" I mean I can't believe you are old enough!!!)

Becky said...

WOW! Evan! An Eagle, and High School Grad, a college man...where has the time gone? Congratulations!

I like you're new layout Kathy! We were gone all last week and surprised our families in Utah! I'm going to get caught up on your blog now...so there maybe comments below...from me.