Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...a rather blustery day today...

We've had some weather here. I asked Evan to take a movie/picture and we ended up with the "real" video camera out and lots of footage. So - be warned - it is long so just zoom past. We just wanted to share a little bit of our excitement with you.
Some background information -
- Claire has rain boots she doesn't get to wear very often in the rain (that will explain a lot)
- Claire needed to take the garbage out
- Claire is not comfortable with lightning - her little "yelp" is about thunder
- Evan loves lightning and thunder
- Claire and the dance with the umbrella with thunder about doesn't make any sense when you know her background - "I'm afraid of lightning. Hmmmm, I think I'll go out in a thunderstorm and dance around with a metal tipped umbrella" go figure
- The gutter system was overwhelmed with the down pour
- Evan had ravioli for lunch

(Thursday morning addition - there's a lot of waiting for lightning here - it never happens - so I'll help you out for your viewing pleasure - from about 1:50 into the video to 3:10 is waiting for lightning and from 3:50-9:30 is also mostly waiting for lightning - but we never see lightning)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

So sad. I could not open the stream.

Julie J. said...

Dang! I heard you were on Tornado watch... Did you see any funnel clouds? Not the Norm.