Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fondue

I gave myself an electric fondue pot for Christmas. It has been so much fun! Evan is an enthusiast so he is the one who has been making the fondue for us. We've tried a yummy swiss and velveeta cheese fondue

and chocolates a few times.


Of course, we love chocolate the most.

I know you don't have to have a fondue pot to make fondue so I recommend fondue to everyone - special pot or not. It is very easy and very very fun.

The Velveeta recipe is from Nancy -
2/3 large velveeta brick
1 lb grated swiss
1 1/2 cups cream
2 tbsp flour (to coat grated swiss)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
pepper, garlic powder to taste
We halved this recipe and there was plenty for four of us

Chocolate Fondue
2 tbsp butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Do you have a favorite fondue recipe?

7 comments:

Julie J. said...

I LOVE FONDUE! And Liz is really good at throwing fondue parties. She has really good cheese recipes and chocolate too. Oh man, now I really want to eat some fondue!

Anonymous said...

We have that same fondue pot and LOVE it. The great thing is, things won't burn in it. Good times...throughout my childhood, which stopped only a couple of years ago, we had fondue every New Years Eve....I'm thinking I might make my own birthday tradition and have fondue every night during my birthday month!!!

Becky said...

I TOO LOVE FONDUE!!! My sister-in-law Jill is really good at throwing fondue parties too. So fun!

The problem when I have fondue is I TOTALLY over eat because I don't realize how much I've eatin' until it's too late...FULL! And it's SO delicious I can't even stop eating even if I am aware of my fullness

Becky said...

One more thought...probably everyone has noticed this but I love how your blog is a question and the title of this post totally answers the question! Cute!

Sandy said...

I think your chunks of bread are too big. more cheese, less bread. Bread is just a vehicle to get all that yummy cheese into your mouth. Bruce and I found a wonderful fondue in the deli section of Albertson's. It has wine in it. Yummmmmm.
I still have the fondue pot I got for a wedding present. It was the big item in 1973.

Sandy said...

and you are lucky you have that wonderful San Francisco french bread that we soooooo long for.

The Wells said...

WE LOVE FONDUE!!!!!! I have the same pot you have. We made one with beer and one with wine. I had to ask someone what kind to get. I was told to get whatever is the cheapest on the bottom shelf. Our favorite cheese dip is a parmesan/cream cheese dip. YUMMMY!