Evan came home from school the other day with a story.
He announced that he guesses he's one of the smart people in his Chemistry class.
Just like that, "Mom - I guess I'm one of the smart people in my Chemistry class."
The teacher had them play a game and she split the class into two teams and assigned the two top grade students to head up the teams. Evan was one of the two!! Isn't that awesome?! It is. But - he was sharing the story with an air of "gloom". To be one of the smart kids is not always a safe place to be. And he said he wondered if the other kids might take action against him because they used to throw stuff at Toby all the time. I know who Toby is - a very bright boy who skipped 8th grade. Come the end of class he couldn't find his back pack. The kids had taken action against him! He knew it. He looked all around - but couldn't find it. Finally, he laid his eyes upon some strange looking bag - it was *his* back pack turned inside out! I have to say, Evan did tell the story with a little spark in his eye but still that nervous gloom as well. He said "They weren't too mean about it - at least they put all my stuff back in."
Claire says she has connections in the class and will find out what happened. But her connections had already reported to her that Evan had been one of the chosen that day. But shared no word of the gutted backpack - so I'm not sure her connections are all that connected. At least not to the guilty party - which to me is not such a bad thing.
1 comment:
I'm surprised the teacher revealed who the kids with the highest scores were. I thought there was some law that grades are confidential, high or low. Interesting. That is cool to know that you are smart cookie though! Hopefully the other kids will forget by tomorrow. ;-)
Post a Comment