I've been trying to think of what to offer today. It was growing later, and I wanted to go to bed. I edged Claire off of the computer and sat down with still no idea what to write. Claire began to offer some suggestions. I said no to a couple and then she said - "Write about losing teeth stories." She suggested that after I pooh poohed the idea to write about my own chipped tooth. But here I am about to write about my chipped tooth and some other more memorable experiences.
Greg and I spent the morning with all of our stake's bishops, their wives and the stake presidency and their wives. We actually started out with dinner with them last night then gathered this morning for some discussion on better serving those we have stewardship. OK - I totally digress, but at dinner, my first bites of my yummy steak and the fried onions that topped it left me with a chipped tooth. I have no idea how it happened. It was not the meat, it had to be the onions but how? Whatever - it is the bottom left second to the last molar. It isn't bothering me except that it is jagged and it is scraping up my tongue. We called our dentist this morning to make sure I wasn't doing any damage to myself or tooth by waiting to see him. He said it should be fine and offered to meet me to file my jagged edges but I declined. I didn't want him to have to go into the office and I didn't want to leave the good company I was with. This afternoon I thought to put a tiny piece of gum over the jagged edges - it has helped tremendously.
OK - another tooth story. Eric was very eager to lose teeth once he realized there was money in it for him. I think this story is about his second loose tooth. It had just *barely* started to wiggle. He stationed himself in front of a bathroom mirror and worked and worked and worked and worked on that tooth. I told him it was too soon. But he kept working and working. Quite awhile later a very tearful sad boy came to me saying that he'd gotten the tooth out but it immediately fell down the drain! I'm so awful. I laughed and laughed. Poor Eric - he was so mad at me! He pretty much screamed at me - not words but just this aggravated arrrrrrrgh kind of sound. Eric, will you forgive me for being so insensitive to your heartbreak? He still had a visit from the tooth fairy of course. We helped him write a note I think, explaining what had happened.
Claire and others from the family, one fabulous 4th of July, were swimming at the neighbors when Claire lost her tooth in the pool. Evan quickly went to work. With a mask on, he swam over every part of that pool bottom and he found the tooth! It was incredible. What a relief. Too bad Evan wasn't available to help Eric out in his hour of need.
Do you have any memorable tooth stories?
1 comment:
Oh the stories I have to tell about teeth. I may or may not have been pushed out of a swing when I was seven and chipped my front tooth...it's been a long journey. I've been thinking about blogging about it. I would call it "The Life of a Smile." And I would include pictures of my smile throughout the years. I just waiting for my life in a curtain bag...not sure when mom is going to send that to me.
Post a Comment