Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beach Body

I just saw a segment on the Dr. Oz show. 3 house wives from Detroit want beach bodies in 100 days. So - Dr. Oz is going to help them.

Besides exercising - these ladies are going to remember this acronym - BEACH
B - breakfast
E - eliminate bad sugars
A - anti oxidants
C - chocolate
H - hydrate

I haven't really watched Dr. Oz before - a couple times here and there on Oprah, that's about it. I was surprised how little information he put out there to really help these women. But - it's better than nothing I suppose. They also get a membership to a gym and some super jock is going to pop in every once in awhile to see how they're doing.

I hope the show ends up giving more usable information than all of that. I think one of the best things they have going is that they're working on this together.

But eating Breakfast is a good way to go - more fiber the better
Eliminate that extra food - that's kind of a "duh"
Eat Chocolate? yeah - he said chocolate - good chocolate - which is dark chocolate very gemmicky but whatever - if you've got to have it you've got to have it
and then Hydrate another "duh" there's nothing like water -

I'm trying harder to do better at these things - I'm walking more and eating less altogether - while eating more fresh fruit and veges.

I've been doing this for two year though - somethings got to change. I don't think I'm being honest enough with myself in regards to all of these things - walking more? am I really?

yes, I really am walking more but maybe I need to walk "harder"
eating less? yeah - maybe in the morning, or during the week but going out to dinner? ruin everything all in one sitting - I can still do better there
and eating more fresh fruits and veges - I really am eating more, but compared to eating none - eating more is not hard to do - I see lots of room for improvement.

Beach body in 100 days? hmmmm, probably not but we'll see...

2 comments:

Julie J. said...

I liked your fondue post much better... Just kidding. Why is it so hard? If the only chocolate I "can" eat is dark than I'd rather not eat it. AND it would take WAY more than 100 days to get my bod ready for the beach.

Becky said...

I'm with you. Am I really honest with myself? It's hard to know. I eat less most of the time...but not ALL the time...so, am I really doing it?

When it comes down to it though I think any conscience effort is better than none!