Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas '09 Revisted


What are the chances you'd ever see any of these guys in such a get up? 1 in 4. Who's the one? This was taken in Tremonton, just after Thanksgiving. Was it a sign of things to come in the new year? We'll have to wait and see.

It's funny to me that most of these pictures look very much like last years Christmas pictures except that Eric is sitting where Ryan was sitting last year. But, never the less, I still want to share the day.


The day always starts with looking through stockings.



Evan's favorite gift - a self winding skeleton watch - it goes perfect in his watch winder. He bought the winder earlier in the year for a skeleton watch that he didn't realize wouldn't wind in the winder - he had to wind it by hand. He'd put that watch in the winder anyway and it would spin around like it was on special display. So funny. Unfortunately, that watch sprung a spring - too much winding!


Who?


A package from Mexico.


Just proof the mom was there.


Hey! Nacho Libre!


Chivas soccer team jersey.


The Dancing Dogs of Colima. I've looked to find out what the deal is about the dancing dogs and I find reference to them but not what they're about - but now I know about Colima's Pot Belly Dogs and I really didn't need to know about them ;-/


A fancy knife with a giant arrowhead shaped thing for a blade.


Dominoes anyone?


Time for breakfast at the Jensen's.









You'll notice there are a few pictures with people on the phone - they're talking to Steven!






Back home catching up on Facebook and Claire coloring in her color book made especially for her by Evan - he gave her color markers as well. Evan won the markers at a Hardester family Christmas scavenger hunt earlier in the month and Claire wanted them so he said they would be her Christmas gift and she said only if she gets a coloring book too. So there you go.


We invited Della Rae Schader to have Christmas dinner with us. Greg and Evan are her home teachers. After dinner she presented us with this quilt she'd made in honor of Bishop Hardester and his sons who have been her home teachers. She is also my visiting teacher. The tree in the center is the tree of life.


Claire and Evan performed an impromptu piano recital for Della Rae. It is very rare for Evan to play the piano for anyone. They both played very well, and we loved their musical offerings.


Rock band Beatles was a favorite game over the holiday break. Sadly, we ended up with another kind of break...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. I wish we could've been there for the festivities. There's a place our here called Dancing Dogs...I'm very curious what goes on there. I see it open, but have yet to see cars there while it's open.

Julie J. said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas. That quilt is beautiful.

Lilianne said...

Wow! That quilt is quite a labor of love! So glad we could spend some time together! You're such a fun lady, Kath!

Becky said...

That family still looks good enough to eat! That quilt is beautiful! What a wonderful honor. The quilt and the impromptu piano recital. FUN FAMILY! Oh! I would LOVE Beatles Rock Band. I've never played it but I'm exactly sure that once I started I would NEVER want to stop.

Becky said...

One question. Is the wind blowing their hats or do the hats have wire in them. Those guys look fun!

Kathy said...

wires