Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dinner at the Hardesters

Pre-dinner conversation -

Kathy - "hmmmm - looks like we're having blackened Bertolli pasta tonight."
Claire - "They look like pot-stickers."

Two weeks ago we had blackened pot-stickers - so that makes sense.

At the dinner table -

Greg had just arrived for his 5 minute dinner appointment.

He called on Claire to bless the food. She responded "I've said it the past three times..."
So he called on Evan and Evan said "I said it...."

So Greg just started into a prayer which made us all laugh, including Greg and then he even blessed the food that it would taste good.

We lost it.

OK - and this is what is going on as I write this. Evan is studying. And Claire is putting her feet in his face - and her socks look filthy. Evan is letting her do this, he says he's practicing patience. I saw her socks and worried about the carpet getting dirty.

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun family! I love it! I love you!

Julie J. said...

You guys are so fun! I love to laugh with my family and I love that you guys laugh together.