Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recipe Blog

OK - there are two people who have showed interest in a recipe blog - 3 including me. Let's do it. We'll just try it, see how it goes.

What should we call it?

Dinner Time
What's Cooking?
I hate to Cook

Any suggestions?

Or should we just make an effort to post recipes we like on our regular Blogs - like we've done all along? Or, I should say, like *you've* done all along.

If we do have a blog - can I request that the address not be made public - on google. Not that people would need special invitation to see the blog just so that the address doesn't fall prey to the commenting trouble like Julie mentioned. I suppose we could just eliminate the opportunity to comment - you can do that can't you? Set it up so no one can leave comments?

What do you think?

11 comments:

Becky said...

I would contribute. I find most of the recipes I like online anyway so I could put the link and then tell you what I thought or what modifications I made.

You can make it so nobody can comment. That is a possibility.

I don't know about a name...I checked out "What's Cookin'?" and that is already a blog. And then I checked "What's Cooking?" and I couldn't tell so I gave up on the name research. What about something like....scrumdiddlyumptious? Yea! I like that!!!

Lilianne said...

I would contribute, too! Let me know what you decide!

AndreaB said...

I would definitely contribute! Or at least read =] And yes, like Becky said, you can make it so no one comments, and I think you can also make it so that it doesn't show up in search results on Google. And I like the scrumdiddlyumptious idea too =]

Kathy said...

we like scrumdiddlyumptious too.

AndreaB said...

i say lets start it! I'd be more than happy to get it set up for us all and make sure that everyone can post to it. Let me know!

AndreaB said...

And I just checked and scrumdiddlyumptious.blogspot.com is already taken. so how about Totally Scrumdiddlyumptious? or any other suggestions involving scrumdiddlyumptious?

Kathy said...

go for it andrea -that would be great to have you set it up as long as it doesn't distract from
your studies ;-)

any name will do - maybe spell scrumpdiddly... differently? I don't know but really don't spend a lot of time

Julie J. said...

I think it should be called Scrum Diddly because I want something scrumdiddlyumptious for din dins but I don't know Scrum diddly about what to make.

Kathy said...

That is fun - I like Julie's twist for a name

AndreaB said...

DONE! scrum-diddly.blogspot.com has been created!! I'm getting people invited to be authors so we can all post our recipes. I'll turn off the search option, but I'm thinking maybe we should leave on comments so we can comment on each other's recipes. Let me know though.

Kathy said...

I think that's find so we can comment on each other - just as long as it doesn't go into some public bank of blog access