Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blustery Day

I'm sure you're tired of these "tree" pictures but I was driving around the neighborhood, delivering things, and the wind was blowing the beautiful leaves off the trees and all around. I so wish I had video on my cell phone - a still shot just doesn't do it. But it was like being with the butterflies again. And on this particular street there was like a wall of falling leaves. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough to capture that but I wanted to try anyway. This is all I got. One tree drops its leaves in clusters - and the clusters of three would spin like helicopters. The wind would catch them and take them "up" before the gust died down and then they'd spin off and away, slowly to the ground.


Some of the fancy twirlers.Notice the little seeds at the base of the leaves - I bet that's why they can fly - carries the seeds off and away.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

It is all beautiful but I hate to rake the leaves.

Kathy said...

Well - I hope the wind just blows them all into the street, then they get crushed up into little bits ;-). Can't say I hope it blows into the neighbor's yard because that means another neighbor's leaves blow into our yard.

Becky said...

Cool! We had a big thunder and lightening and wind storm back in mid October and that was the end of most of the leaves on our trees. I love the blustery weather of fall. So pretty.