Friday, November 4, 2011

What was for Dinner

We had missionaries to dinner tonight.

We had Taco Soup and Corn Bread. Was delicious. My friend Melanie shared the recipe with me.

1lb hamburger
1 package taco seasoning
1 can beans (pinto, chili or black - I used black)
1 can kidney beans
I can corn
I 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup of water

Brown hamburger, drain fat, add taco seasoning. Drain and rinse beans - add all of the ingredients to large pot - no need to drain other items. Simmer for awhile. Makes enough for 6. I served it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and Low Salt Fritos. (Did you know that they make low salt Fritos? - They do! Melanie suggested them)

3 comments:

Mel said...

But the real question is, how did your family members like it? Missionaries eat anything, your family is the real test.

Becky said...

That sounds YUMMY! I think we'll have to try it!

Kathy said...

Mel - I loved it! of course. I knew I would. Two of our three missionaries had two helpings - I see that as an honest thumbs up. Greg said he liked it. And Claire - she didn't finish one bowl ;-) But she did like the corn bread.