What is your favorite favorite comfort food?
Mine is toast.
How about your favorite comfortable spot...
I have a few - my bed is number one. I like our brown couch (but it isn't good for posture) and I love a warm car if it's chilly out - you know, it's sunny but chilly and you get in the car and it feels so good. I can catnap on the couch and in the car (back in the piano lesson days, I'd sit in the car with a book and soon fall asleep) - but I don't nap on my bed. Go figure. Well, I probably could but I won't go take a nap. My naps are very spur of the moment events. Often, if I sit down in the afternoon, have the TV on the next thing I know I'm falling asleep.
How about your favorite comfortable thing to wear.
I do love to put my pjs on. I have a fuzzy bathrobe - I don't often wear it but I do often put it over me, a top layer over my blankets, when I'm in bed (winter time) I like it up around my face.
Do you have a comfort show/movie?
Mine is Sense and Sensibility - it's also my all time favorite.
Do you have a comfort activity?
I don't know if I have one right now. Before we had our yard landscaped, looking through gardening books used to be a comfort activity for me. I love walking but I don't really like to walk alone...
What are some other comfort things?
4 comments:
Food? It's hard to say right now (avocados? Togos #24!). In the past it has been pizza with everything on it, or hawaiin style. As I was growing up I loved chicken and I would consider that as my comfort food as a kid.
Spot? hmmm. My bed. Laying on a warm beach and letting the sound of the waves lull me to sleep...fully clothed of course cuz I'm a red head. Sitting on my (mom's, sisters', aunts' or cousins') couch and just chatting with them.
To wear? fuzzy pants, stretch pants, sweat pants...any of those. Nathan's t-shirts. Cozy jammies.
Show or Movie? LOST used to be my comfort show. Loved the characters and mystery. I find Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail comforting. I'm not really a Meg Ryan fan but she's alright in those. I like the romantic stories. The music is awesome in both and I love the city scenes. Both also go through different seasons and holidays and the way they are portrayed is very comforting..to me.
comfort activity? I love doing anything with Nathan. I love it when he is home...even if we aren't doing something together...it's more fun and thus comforting when he is home. And I love being able to hug him anytime I want. (they call me the leech) Besides Nathan. I love talking on the phone with Julie. We talk about stupid stuff and laugh. We talk about meaningful stuff and cry (mostly I cry..I'm a baby). Sometimes we don't do either and it's just a comfort to tell her what I'm doing for the day or hear what she has planned. I also like it when my mom and Liz call me but they don't like talking on the phone...they are all business. I'm not much of a phone talker either but for some reason I could talk to Julie for hours.
Great post. It was nice to answer those questions and ponder upon the comforts in my life.
Oh! I also like a warm car. When it's cold outside and the car has gotten toasty warm it's so hard to get out...mostly on Sundays when it's cold and I have a dress on.
Kath, funny post over at the The Meanest Mom blog, "What are we having for dinner?" http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-are-we-having-for-dinner.html
I love to watch TV. No brain power needed. I have my favorites all tevoed. I spend much too much time doing it.
I love my cheep Walmart sandels. Lets my feet breathe after a long day of wearing shoes.
I love cheezits.
I love to be by my husband,don't have to be next to him, just in the same room with him.
I love John Wayne and Tom Selleck movies (westerns). I don't know why, but they remind me of my dad.
I love thinking about my parents and how good they were.
I love to be in Sacrament meeting. I have such a good feeling when I am there away from temptations of home and with people in my neighborhood that I love.
After not owning my own home for 27 years I have comfort in owning.
John Wayne movies remind me of Dad too.
Some of my comforts are - mashed potatos, Dr. Pepper, sweatpants and a sweatshirt, warm socks, fall evenings, watching TV, being by a fire, going to the movies, eating at a favorite restaurant (I have lots), ice cream, and of course being with Dave. I feel way more comfortable when he's home.
Post a Comment