Why do they call it Black Friday?
Have you ever ventured out shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Did you have certain things you were looking to buy? Or do you enjoy the crowds and the excitement of it all? Do you go out every year? What's the best deal you've ever gotten? Did you go out today?
I have been out on Black Friday once - and it was to go to the Lights at Temple Square and without thinking much about it ended up in the crowds at the mall that used to be across the street. Didn't enjoy it, and temple square was a zoo. We were with lots of people and ended up losing each other. It was a bit of a bust.
I don't enjoy shopping all that much, I really have to be in the mood for the most part. I don't see myself venturing out to shop on such a busy day. And I don't enjoy the crowd.
Am I a party pooper?
2 comments:
I did black friday for the first time last year and vowed never to do it again. This past Friday we went out w friends around 10 and it was crazy still. So we tried doing stuff today (Saturday) and got the same deals we would have Friday, today. It was way way less crowded and we got the deal. Lesson: go the Saturday after black Friday. Many places make it a two day sale anyway.
Never been out on Black Friday. I think they call it Black Friday because it is supposed to help bring the stores into the black on that day.
Post a Comment